We're currently looking for a college intern to work with us in Austin, Texas, for Summer 2021. Candidates should be currently enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or community college program.
This role offers the chance to be part of a fast-growing manufacturing start-up while learning the ropes of the music industry from experienced executives. This is not a coffee-fetching, errand-running kind of internship! Our interns are trusted with top-secret projects that can change the music industry.
We also provide our interns with career development and networking support to prepare them for the working world. Our amazing interns have gone on to work at companies like Capitol Records, BMI, TikTok and also here at Gold Rush Vinyl.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist the CEO and sales team with new marketing projects
- Handle inbound sales inquiries and answer customer order questions
- Research and identify future partnerships
- Work on independent projects to bring new products to life
- Create original social media campaigns and manage content calendar
- Aid in general office work (ex: answering phones, greeting guests, filing mail)
- Perform other related duties as needed and assigned
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program or a recent graduate
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrate interest in the music industry, marketing or advertising
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or Google Docs products
- Photoshop skills are a plus, but not required
- Strong interpersonal skills, with both with internal team members and clients
- A positive attitude!
- All interns must be qualified to work in the United States
- Work is out of our Austin, Texas, factory under COVID safety protocol (sorry, no remote opportunities!)
- Interns receive a $500 stipend and college credit for the semester
- All internships are part-time, up to 15-hours a week
Ready to apply? Here's what we need from you!
1) Your current resume / C.V.
2) A thoughtful cover letter
3) A recommendation for one record we must have in our listening room
Send your application to email@example.com
About the company: Gold Rush Vinyl is the high-quality, fast-turnaround record pressing plant of Austin, Texas, helping bands and brands take advantage of timely marketing moments and the growing demand for vinyl. Named the #6 Most Innovative Company of 2020 in Music by Fast Company magazine, Gold Rush Vinyl is bringing fresh eyes to an old craft and helping to revolutionize vinyl production.